Qualifications and experience
I began training as a counsellor in 1994 and since then have gained the following qualifications and accreditations
- Certificate in psychodynamic counselling (WPF)
- Postgraduate Diploma in psychodynamic counselling (WPF)
- Jungian analytical psychotherapist (WMIP)
- UKCP Registered Psychotherapist. The register is accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
I have worked in a variety of settings, including a counselling agency where I was part of the management team and where I also undertook research, assessments and mentoring of student counsellors. I have also worked in a GP surgery, and as part of an NHS Mental Health Team. I now work mainly in private practice.
Some of the issues I have worked with include
- low self-esteem
- relationship and marital problems
- identity (who or what am I?)
- child related issues
- separation and divorce
Each person who comes to see me has his or her own unique difficulties, qualities and capacities, and it is each person's individuality that I am interested in.
Phone: 07876 175310